Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The living is easy-er with naps

Have you ever noticed how, in our mid-thirties, the highest form of luxury becomes being able to take a nap in the middle of the day? Even more interesting as, if I recall, we resisted nap-time with a vengeance as pre-schoolers, and resisted any form of non-motion as young adults. I’m not lamenting my age, by any stretch. Quite the contrary, I’m relishing the fact that I now don’t resist the urge to lay back wherever I am during the day, and shutting the world off for a blessed 15 – 20 minutes.

If you haven’t tried this recently, I highly recommend it. It is now a must on my list of holiday criteria … and I’m thinking of sneaking a sofa into the office too.

1 comment:

Moni said...

hmmmm. to blog or not to blog....what the heck, I'm feeling feisty tonight.

Your words fell on the ears of a mother and a cat fan. Need I say more? Okay, one more thing....allow me to quote Gary Smith, "Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner."